08 Jun xGLearn | Care Management Training
xG Health Solutions, June 8, 2015
It would be difficult to overstate the value healthcare stakeholders gain in today’s environment when care managers work with complex patients. Care managers collaborate with doctors, nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, and other healthcare professionals to more quickly and efficiently meet patient healthcare goals and reduce costs. A well-trained care manager can provide insights, experience, and education to evaluate and coordinate patient healthcare in a variety of venues.
So, how do you create—educate—a skilled care manager, ready to address complex patients, in the model that best suits your environment? In-house traditional training methods can be cumbersome and time-consuming, not to mention that the expertise needed to educate students might not be organically present in your system. Sending staff offsite for extended periods is difficult, too, because it pulls the trainee out of the care environment, which can place stress on other colleagues, patients, and the trainee, particularly if travel is involved. Ad hoc training quickly loses consistency without a formal, standardized program bolstered by a solid foundation, structure, and review process. Content becomes stale without the support to ensure that learning is constantly updated with the latest about effective trends, methods, and workflows. And perhaps most important, as with patients, there are nuances to every care management learner’s needs. Care management education cannot be cookie cutter; care managers might work in many environments, in different roles, with different challenges.
A robust online educational solution designed to meet these challenges, that is not only scalable over time and distance, but delivers consistency and immediate applicability, is necessary. The right care management learning program incorporates the most relevant, accepted, and tested clinical guidelines, best practices, lessons learned, and key processes and frameworks, and combines them to create a rich educational experience.
Ideally, students participate by working through a combination of online modules, same-time distance coaching sessions, self-study, and social learning activities. This blend of learning has proven effective in not only keeping education current and engaging, but also able to adapt rapidly to students’ needs.
- Online modules hosted by experts in the field—people who have “been there and done that” and know how to drive real results around cost and quality.
- Same-time coaching sessions hosted by care management experts, focused on how to pull the lessons learned online into students’ work environments.
- A contemporary learning experience that includes fun and engaging activities we at xG Health call “reflective walkthroughs” based on real situations and patients and designed to stimulate the critical thinking and decision-making skills students need when it is time to apply lessons learned to their work environment.
- Social learning tools that allow learners to interact with instructors and one another using familiar interfaces, such as discussion threads and blogs.
- Because adult learners need flexibility to balance work and home demands with education, online modules available around the clock, and synchronous coaching sessions scheduled at predetermined times to accommodate learners’ schedules.
- Intense observation of a real-life medical home under the tutelage of a seasoned preceptor. Immersion training should be presented on location with a strategic-partner care management team member. Post-immersion follow-up with coaching calls to help students custom-tailor all lessons to their set of circumstances.
If your organization has staff in need of care management training, xGLearn, our care management training program, might be an excellent fit. The program is the product of Geisinger Health System’s deep roots in healthcare transformation combined with the latest in collaborative technology and distance learning unique in the industry.
xGLearn includes 18 modules that contain 40 hours’ of information on care management fundamentals, population management essentials, and care management guides on the processes, workflows, and care paths that support care managers who coordinate care services for patients. During this portion of the educational experience, students are coached in real time. A Case Management Training Certification of Completion is awarded to successful students. We have trained 1000 case managers online since xGLearn launched in January 2015.
To learn more about our immersion and online training programs, please contact us at email@example.com or call 443-276-0060.
Click here to request a demo of xGLearn.